Thursday, April 07, 2005

Weekend Wandering

I will be visiting Eric in the wonderful City of Portland this weekend. It is but the beginning of my spring/summer traveling tour. Next on the list are Walla Walla and Eureka (in no particular order). Those of you in either city will be contacted about tour dates. Also, I will be in Phoenix for a conference April 19-21. It is the city of my early childhood. I am looking forward to it. All that remains is to somehow turn a 15 minute talk into a 45 minute talk. Ugh.

As an interesting factoid, the city of Portland has more strip clubs per capita than any other city in the country (this is unrelated to my weekend travel plans).

Woohoo! (this is unrelated to the previous sentence.)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:53 PM

    Oh I have a full itinerary planned for you and it will definately include a trip to the strip club. They have one here called Mary's Club which has a full mexican resturaunt connected to the strip club so you can enjoy the pretty girls over a nice beef burrito! Yum. There is also the Dancing Bare which has a Grateful Dead vibe including hippy girls with hairy armpits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:14 AM

    Fy and shame don't you know houses of ill repute and secret vices lead to:

    + a marked lack of healthful beauty, of strength, and power of endurance (hint, hint)

    + a progress of disease which has baffled physicians.

    +The onsets of headache, catarrh, dizziness, nervousness, pain in the shoulders and side, loss of appetite, pain in the back and limbs, wakeful, feverish nights (wink, wink), of tired feelings in the morning, and great exhaustion after exercising (nudge, nudge)

    +A deficiency of mental health and a sieve-like memory.

    + Gloomy sadness upon the countenance, and frequent exhibitions of a morose temper in those who used to be cheerful, kind and affectionate.

    +None can live when their vital energies are used up. They must die. (say no more)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:52 AM

    I love the idea of Mary's Club. "A Fish Taco served with Every Meal!" And worse.

    Have a grand vacation in Portland, H@u55. (is that clever enough--it always fools my spam filters for V1@gr@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! I'm in portland.

    And I will keep EGW in mind in all that I do this weekend. I got a tattoo the other day that reads: WWEGWD. I find it both painful and helpful.

    ReplyDelete