Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Pah-hoe-nix

I have landed in Phoenix. It looks nothing like I remember it. But then, I wasn't familiar with roadways and such when I was 11. It is good to be back though. I've missed it. I love a city where you're sweating before you leave the airport. It was like 50 degrees in Reno, and a smooth 82 in Phoenix when I landed. Supposed to be up to 90 by Friday. I will have to remember to drink water so as to avoid looking like a desiccated husk. I plan on roaming around town Friday, visiting my old stomping grounds.

Also, it strikes me now as obvious that I should have come back to Arizona for Grad school, maybe undergrad. I had forgotten how much I like it here. Yeah, definitely feeling like it's "The Thing I Should Have Done." Could just be the effect of nostalgia I suppose. Or maybe that bean I had for dinner. Blammo!

Also, the presentation I'm supposed to give tomorrow morning is only at 50% or so completion. This is not really a worry to me, having seen a few presentations already. This is definitely a low pressure atmosphere. It strikes me that this might be one of those conferences that agencies cook up as an excuse to party in different cities. Not that business isn't being done, I'm just not sure I see the need for a conference in order to share information on the business being conducted. A few cute girls though, so I'm not complaining.

As a side note, this will be posted once I check into my room later which supposedly has free wireless internet access. I'm not staying at the hotel where the conference is taking place and the wireless here costs like 10 bucks to use. Screw them and their information toll gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment