Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Environmental fun!

As mentioned in my first post, this will be a place to vent for me. That will include the occasional political commentary. Possibly ranting. I make no apology, but just so you know.

This post isn't particularly political, but it is interesting to me, so I'm passing the savings on to you.

The two most interesting things I've read on the environment in the past few weeks are linked below.

An interesting blog article on something called global dimming, but link through to the original article.

An interesting, if overly alarmist excerpt from a book on oil production in the next 20 years. Most oil experts tend to agree on the coming oil problems, but are somewhat less alarmist than this guy in the implications. Still, it's an interesting read.

So if either of these happens to even be moderately true, we may indeed be living in Interesting Times in the next few decades.

Sleep tight!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:26 PM

    I've started reading Grist now. I usually have to temper my environmentalist dispair with a little humor or something like that. I am repeatedly appalled that so many people refuse to see the signs, or chose to believe that the problem has nothing to do with the decisions they make each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:46 PM

    SHIT! And I thought Revelation Seminars were scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:08 AM

    The most frightening thing about Revelation Seminars (to my mind) are the billboards and fliers that people use to advertise them. And I don't know what's more frightening: an "artist's" concept of the whore of Babylon riding a dragon, or Mark Finley's perpetually dimpled face.

    ReplyDelete