Monday, January 26, 2009

Intermission

So, I talked to my boss about moving to Portland (like over a week ago). He was impressed with how well I had thought it through, and did not reject the idea out of hand. He said he would seriously consider it but a final answer would need to wait until he got back and can talk to the division director. In the meantime, he told me my job was to find out if health insurance would cover me if I were in Portland (answer: Yes! *Gleee*). So now I'm waiting on him to get back next week and talk with the division director and give me a firm decision on what he'd be willing to do one way or the other. He's a really cool guy, I expect he's honestly considering it and will give me an honest answer.

In the meantime, so as far as the Portland trip goes, I guess I'm in intermission. This is okay though, I am still sorting some reno stuff out such as work and getting my ex to come pick up her stuff. Ah, change. How I revel in it.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:43 PM

    I would just like to remind you that different is evil. Therefore change is of the devil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what are you going to do with J if you move from Reno? He going to follow you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess, unless he wants to go live with the parents or finds a friend to move in with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:34 PM

    w.r.t. the ex's stuff: drop it into casual conversation that she can either have it for free, or place bids on your upcoming ebay auctions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She has promised to pick it up this weekend. I have remained kind but have been sending subtle signals that my patience is nearing an end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very, very happy to hear about your conversation with the boss. I'm also waiting on pins & needles to hear the final outcome.

    ReplyDelete