Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Dissonance

To be fair, I asked Reno to sing a song for me, and this is the song it sang:



Note especially the lyrics:

This is the Black Abyss
My life's apocalypse
Eternal Suffering
No future for me to see
...
As my life rots away
I long the day of my decay
I'll soon be there,
in death's grasp
It won't let go, now I'm dead!
This paranoia, I can't last
These days are now my last
The sense of evil is closing in
It is a phobia that kills within!

Oh Reno, you sing so sweetly to me.

Honestly this song does a pretty good, if overly dramatic, job of summing up my feelings about living in Reno.

The song below sums up my feelings about living in Portland. And now you can look at me quizzically and wonder why this decision is so hard for me. (Answer: cause I looove my job in Reno but it's about the only thing).

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:36 PM

    Dude. We have to find you a similar job in another place. It has to exist. Reno is eating your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a very large tongue-in-cheek element to this post, but it is essentially my feeling. You ever just have a moment where a switch flips and you realize you hate it somewhere and you have to go somewhere else? The switch has flipped for Reno.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, my trip to Portland still has me in a fuzzy after-glow. I still feel more like the guy bouncing along happily in the video below.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I asked Loretta Lynn and Jack White to sing a song about Portland Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an interesting video I think.

    ReplyDelete