Sunday, June 03, 2018

Psyche!

Till We Have FacesTill We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Probably my favorite novel by C. S. Lewis. I'm not really into christian apologetics at the moment, but I appreciate his facility with words, his in-depth knowledge of mythology and philosophy and most importantly his honest attempt to reconcile the irrational and rational sides of humanity and how best to tend to each without diminishing the other. This is the kind of conversation I wish there were more of in the world. For him, the answer was best expressed in Christianity, but for me I'm not so sure. I do feel him a kindred spirit in that particular search though, the desire to reconcile thoughts with feelings in a way that is beautiful and alive.

Some of his best work and one that will leave you thinking for some time after. Who are you really? What is your true voice and what story does it tell you over and over without ceasing? Where is you face? Why do you hide it?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment