Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Time to Pretend

God I love finding new music.

This album has 3 songs that really hit chords with me.

I like this one because it's sung by guys who are fantastically young singing about what growing up or at least getting famous and growing up looks like to them. They either have a hell of a producer or song-writer or are crazy perceptive for being so young. The music's so good I have forgotten to resent them for being so young, talented and beautiful and instead choose to experience it vicariously. I'm probably the last person to discover MGMT, but hey, there's so much music and only so many hours in the day.



Hell, I'm just going to post all 3.

Second, The Youth jumps out at me, mostly just the part where they say "are YOU starting to change . . ." but I like the whole gist of the song.



Third, I really like "kids" both as a celebration of kids and also for the line "Control yourself, take only what you NEED from it.", well that and I love the beat and music it's put to. Anyway, just sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment