Thursday, June 30, 2005

To all my adoring fans

The blogging has been light and it about to get lighter. I am off tomorrow for the Iverson-Zachary family reunion. I get to see my wandering brother (he's a minstrel!) and I have seen the parents in a bit so it will be good to see them. But other than that, I'm not remotely looking forward to it. For one, I have a new girlfriend I won't be seeing for a week. And second, I'm bored to death by these things. I'm horrible to have as a relative. I never call, I never write, and I act bored when I visit. These may not be the best qualities to have. On the plus side, I'd still give a family member a kidney. Well, if they needed one. Not if they needed it for a macabre game of badminton though. Okay, I digress. Anyway, going to somewhere called "Living Waters Ranch" and we're apparently going to do a lot of praise singing. Most of the activities seem to be spiritual in nature. I wish I had a PSP, because I'm going to go crazy. I wanted to write about this more in depth last night but got distracted. I'll jot something down about it when I get back I suppose. Anyway, the ranch is waaaay out by Challis (mid-eastern Idaho. North of Sun Valley, South of Salmon). I suspect there will not be wireless networking available to me at Living Waters Ranch (which I expect to be haunted by water elementals or filled with green bacteria). So I'm bringing the new CGI Appleseed and season 3 of Buffy with me. And the ipod. I have a 3 or more hour drive with the parents ahead of me. The iPod will be crucial to surviving this trip. Anyway, listen to me bitch about family. I am an ungrateful heir. Perhaps I will someday be a better person, and be worthy of the ring of power we pass down through the generations. Oh, wait, that's a secret. Keep that one between us okay?

Before I go, a few tidbits.

There is a way to fold posts, so a simple click expands and folds the post so that no one post takes up the whole screen. At some point, I will make this option available on this blog and we will enter a new Utopia.

Saw War of the Worlds tonight. One, I liked it, even though it freaked me out a little (I've been freaked out by that story since childhood). Two, Hollywood needs to figure out how to write endings. Seroiusly, most of the time these days I groan aloud in the theater and go "oh please! that doesn't even make sense!" Or some such. This one was no exception. I just laughed. And they didn't want me to be laughing.

The Pod-casting feature Apple just added to iTunes is frabulous. And they have the entire Air America line-up. My first born child will be given to work in Apple's innovative and mysterious corporate machine as a token of my undying love.

I thought I had another thing to say but I do not. Oh, it may have been I'm a bit nervous of flying. What if the martians attack in mid-flight? It wouldn't go well for me then.

Also, no "standing in for Joe" while I'm gone. You XTC freaks know what I mean. I'm watching you.

No comments:

Post a Comment