Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Rollercoaster

Back when I was young and foolish, the red hot chili peppers song by that name was my favorite thing. So young, so sheltered.

Wait, I had a thought. It is always surprising to me how much mood fluctuates over the course of a week. I mean, yes I operate in a general state of eeyore-like despondency and cynicism, but even so there's quite a bit of change from one end of the week to the next. Last week, after two days on oxycodone and not having to think about work I was quite light-hearted. And then fell off a cliff and spent two days being weepy. Which was in turn followed by two more optimistic days, followed by a day or two of weeping at the happy endings of stargate sg-1 episodes, followed by a renewed sense of optimism. Just interesting I guess.

I still have few ideas about what I want out of local friends and what I want to pursue (at all). But I at least understand that my bad days are transitory.

No comments:

Post a Comment