Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Split blog disorder

I have a hard time deciding what to do with my blogs, which is why I have like 10 of them.  Sometimes I think this blog might be better served by me just curating pictures/posts that strike a chord, letting readers see if it strikes a chord with them.  Well, which is to say sometimes I think this blog is really pretty and meaningful and then I open my mouth and say something and it changes to my teenage journal.  So I wonder if I shouldn't keep my text posts in another tumblr entirely.  My short stories in another.  I could probably do a whole blog just on the trials and tribulations of an open relationship (not too far into it yet, but just a feeling).  
It seems like the platform I want doesn't exist though.  I want a blog and a social network.  I want to write about a lot of things on a wide variety of topics, but with enough flexibility that users can screen out the topics they want to hear about and don't want to hear about very easily.
I want a clean, ad-free, centralized content management system that allows to me to generate 1 to 100 types of content in separate feeds (blog/microblog/twitter/tumblr/research papers/thinkpieces/essays/etc) that users can subscribe to, comment on (either verbally in small sound files or in text), like or tag with an emotion where other users can second the emotion and/or add their own, IM, video chat, feeds organized into theme pages around various topics, formatting I can impose, that users will see as default but can subvert to their own liking as they need to.  Why this doesn't exist yet, I don't know, the tools are there, they're just currently around in spiritual and pragmatic wastelands like FB and Twitter.

There's a better blogging/social media/net communication portal just waiting to happen where we can talk to each other, and share the things we want to share in a wide variety of formats without unduly imposing on subscribers and the first person to realize it is going to be successful beyond their wildest dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment