Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Showdown at the OKC

So, I'm back on the OKC just to see what's out there.  I'm listed as bisexual and in an open relationship so I don't expect to get a lot of attention.  So far I've only been awkwardly asked to join some kind of bear cult and told I shouldn't haven't shaved, which is more or less what I expected from Portland in the first week.  Which is A-okay, honestly, not feeling super confident right now.  The transition to an open relationship was not entirely smooth for me emotionally , but I'm doing okay with the idea now.  

That said, my impulse here is more to continue to try and get my shit together than it is to jump back into dating a lot.  Work on learning piano, journal, practice my Japanese, actually read, try and write coherently about what I read, get some goddamn exercise, if only to extend the amount of time I'll have to procrastinate later in life, etc.  Maybe get out of the house in some fashion where I'll end up meeting people and then if I click with someone out there that's fine.

But I think I've learned enough to know that my relationship with other people is only as good as my relationship with myself and if I'm being honest with myself it's the relationship with myself that needs work again.  So maybe I need to listen to my gut on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment