Tuesday, August 14, 2012

sick and sleepless

I got sick last Friday with some mucuzoid creature that has traveled, from my throat, to my sinuses, to my brain, to my stomach and back to my throat again.  It's been a wonderful parade of coughing, sneezing, dripping, fever, nausea and mucous.  But that's neither here nor there.  The weirdest symptom has been the insomnia.  I'll feel exhausted or wiped out from being sick, ready to sleep and just end up laying in the dark feeling perversely fidgety.  Last night was no better, even though I went to bed relatively early.  I just lay there thrashing until I eventually feel asleep sometime after dawn and then woke up with a bizarre crick in my neck that's taken me hours to stretch out.

In short, being sick has funked with my sleep, which was already funked enough thank-you-very-much and I'm cranky about it.  And that is the end of my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment