Monday, August 02, 2010

To facebook or not to facebook

I am increasingly hitting the point where I'm ready to quit facebook. I'm a little impulsive, so I've had to restrain myself from canceling my facebook account altogether (I see some nominal value in having a place where people can contact me if they've lost touch). But I find myself hiding more and more feeds. And l'm less and less interested in posting updates. Twitter accomplishes the same thing and I find it feels the same to send updates screaming into a silent void (twitter) as it does to toss them into a maelstrom of daily humdrum (Facebook).

Also, there's just too much drama involved with it for me. I have a couple of past love interests I need to get past, and I can't really do that if I see them chatting with mutual friends every day. Yes, I've hidden their feeds, but facebook "helpfully" shows me their chats with mutual friends. I was actually so annoyed with it last night that I de-friended someone (although I don't think she'll notice). I think the solution is to just stop checking it every day. And, uh, maybe to stop obsessing about people I used to see potential with, because they've long since stopped thinking about me.

Stupid facebook.

Stupid obsessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment