Sunday, August 15, 2010

On ranting

I don't know if you've noticed, but I tend to rant a lot. I wouldn't call the post below this one a rant, (although we can use whiny and self-indulgent and emotional exhibitionist if you like), but I've written a few recently, and said a few verbally and out of nowhere realized that I want to stop doing it. Well, maybe not entirely, but less. It's just a very negative state to go into, akin to a political talk show host on the radio on a vengeful, irrational tirade.

Yes, I think that's what I don't like about it. It's irrational. My brain feels fuzzy when I do it, like it's incapable of processing new information clearly.

Anyway, I don't like it. I don't think I ultimately need to do it except when I really do just need to vent steam. I think it will hurt my attempt to make new friends if I'm doing it with people I meet all the time. I say that not judgementally. Things seem to go better when I'm not tirading about some trivial thing that really doesn't need to be hated on in the given moment. And I've just realized it's something my father does, so, you know, sigh.

Having said that, the next post is going to be a righteous rant. I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to decide if it makes me sound like a crazy person.

No comments:

Post a Comment