Monday, July 30, 2007

Hirsute Kiln-boy

So last night, I was busting through harry potter and the deadly marshmallows, in the final legs, ready to finish the book and devour it's secrets when I hit page 610. Now, there was nothing in particular wrong with page 610. In fact, it was a rather exciting moment in the book. It's just that it was followed by page 643 all the way up to where 643 should have been, at which point page 643 started all over again. So . . . huh . . . how irritating.

No worries though, I have a second copy for the girlfriend! I'll just go read that one. Oh, huh. It seems it suffers from the exact same flaw. Oh good. So anyway, I will be journeying to the book store tonight to buy two more copies. Wish me luck.

What are the odds I can sell two flawed books from the first printing to a collector someday?

3 comments:

  1. That's like those wheatback pennies that contain flaws and are now worth millions. Solid gold, Jerry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, if you're going to encase your 400 lbs. of comic book pulp in plastic for posterity, why not do it with another 7 lbs. or so of fad fiction? I'm going to guess that 20-30 years from now, those books could very well be worth some ducats.

    ReplyDelete