Monday, August 28, 2006

A case of the Mondays

Short Story:

Last Thursday I check my voicemail to find the following message:

“This is Mike from The Bluffs [my apartment complex], please give me a call back, it’s a matter of some urgency.”

I dutifully call back the next day, some airhead answers the phone, doesn’t know what I’m talking about, says “oh, from Mike? it’s nothing, he’ll call you back if he needs to. la la la.”

So today upon leaving the apartment I notice an envelope attached to my door. It essentially tells me that upon review of my account, I may now be making too much money to live there (they are low income housing, and get a tax break if X percent of their tenants are low income). It says that I may now reapply for housing, or move my ass out in 30 days. I am not confident that reapplying does me any good as that’s what started the problem in the first place. I will reapply because I don’t particularly feel like moving, but I am not confident that it will do much good. In the meantime, I guess I’m apartment or house hunting in case I need to move.

I didn’t need this right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment