Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Price is Wrong, Bitch!

The Price is Right has infected our culture in an odd way. I occasionally encounter people that think that the better approximation of a number is always the lower one. For instance, in an admittedly trivial discussion on whether the price of gas was $3.20 or $3.19 when the price is $3.19 and 9/10, I took the position that $3.20 was obviously a better estimate of final price than $3.19. His main argument seemed to be “yes, but $3.19 is under the actual price.” This argument only makes sense on the price is right and it is not the first time I have encountered it. I can only attribute it to Bob Barker’s ever-growing demonic powers.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:06 PM

    What race was this person? What race are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what race are you, anonymous homosexer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. (not that there's anything wrong with that)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the fuck does it matter what race he is? We are communicating in a discourse community that is neutral and cares little for sexual preference, gender, age, or ethnicity. If you're not big enough to post who the hell YOU are, then fuck off, say I.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, thanks for the defense, but this anonymous comment really seems like it is supposed to be a joke considering the last comment. I suspect this one is someone we actually know so I'm not particularly bothered by it. My first reaction upon reading the comment last night was to laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too busted up laughing (at the obvious button pushing) and guess it is somone who knows HBOT3000.

    I didn't post sooner because I thought that would make me look supicious returning to the scene of the crime and all. (eric?)

    My race = honky cracker sandwiched in white bread with a side of coconut howlie to drink and spicy gringo papas dipped in gaijin wasabi sauce.

    I am ashamed of my race (in general)at the moment. I just attended an educational class about federal law and adoption of indian children. We white people were right bastards to the indians. More on that later.

    ReplyDelete