Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Good Citizenry

Matt was gracious enough to give me “The Good Citizen’s Handbook.” What hidden message there was in that gift, I don’t care to speculate. Regardless, on first glance it is a camp classic. In fact, I’m trying to decide if it’s serious or some horrible parody. In any case, I thought it would be amusing to read through and decide how much I fit this person’s model of a good citizen. So, the introduction begins, “A good citizen is well-groomed . . ..” Huh. Well, I’m damned six words into it (tosses book out window). I see “Big Hair” (as opposed to Big Tobacco) has bought and paid for this advocate’s book. Sad. More later, once I get past the horrible dejection I feel from having failed the good citizen test in the first sentence.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. This is how long it's been since I've checked the blog. I was surprized by the comments popup.

    I'm pleased that you're enjoying my little gift, which you accepted with remarkable good humor. Speaking of which, have you seen a certain sleek transforming motorcycle show up on your doorstep yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, not yet. Thanks bunches though. They're still on pre-order, so they're not shipping yet, but I eagerly look forward to playing, ah, collecting it once it gets here. yay for hazmatt!

    ReplyDelete