Monday, March 20, 2006

About that Forecast


snow1
Originally uploaded by hbot3000.
As of 3:30 this afternoon, the national weather service forecast said fairly confidently that the snow storm in the mountains wouldn't deposit any measurable snow in Reno. As of 5:00, this is what the view outside my apartment looked like. So yeah, not their best forecast. I'm not saying they're terrible, they do a pretty good job usually, it's just telling about the state of weather forecasting that we still have days where the forecasts are this wrong. In any case, it made me laugh.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:25 PM

    This is why you should go into weather forcasting. I'll bet with your natural skill as a metior...metior...weather guy combined with your highly tuned ESP, you'd make a great forcaster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not saying I called it either, just that they got it really, really wrong. In my forecasting classes I always came in midde-of-the-pack in the forecasting contests though.

    ReplyDelete