Thursday, October 25, 2018

Expanded

As an addition to my snarky post about Expanse Dialogue, I DO tend to like most of the women they write. Avasarala and Ana are probably the two most interesting characters to me. Naomi is interesting, but would be more so if she'd dump Holden. Although I'm still hoping to get through the 3rd book quickly and get past the TV show chronology. I'm really curious where it goes after that and the Earth/Mars/OPA conflict has been completely uninteresting to me from the get-go*. I'm here for the proto-molecule, spaceships, finding new planets through those portals and uncovering the mysteries of ancient alien civs.

*the conflict just seems manufactured, which it is plot-wise, obviously. there's just no inherent tension between those 3 that I find interesting. I don't really understand why Earth and Mars hate each other and I don't think the writers do either. I'm hoping they drop this aspect in the face of greater threats later. Although both of them walking all over the OPA makes sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment