Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Upon Receiving, part 2

Upon receiving your notification today
Upon receiving your interest on Facebook
I remembered your face
the countless times
you screamed at me
for all my many
and varied 
INFIDELITIES
which never existed
any old place
outside of your head
and I cringed
because I remember
the infidelities were yours
and you punished me for it
and I am not
particularly
INTERESTED IN THAT

Upon receiving your interest on Facebook
Upon reflecting on my abiding interest in men
I remembered your daughter
and the pets who died 
well after leaving my house
including Max
who I 
LOVED
and how you
continued to punish me
by insisting
 I was responsible
for what you did
that I was in charge
of 
YOUR FEAR
and I thought maybe
I might decline
because while I should forgive
and to forgive is divine
I'm not convinced I'll know you
if you say hello
and I hear
"HAIL SATAN"

No comments:

Post a Comment