Monday, April 21, 2014

Nerd

God I'm missing the 80s tonight.  Not for big hair or or big-wheeled roller skates, but for the series of formative, goofy SF alien movies that I was exposed to.  Here's a few movie I haven't seen in far, far too long.

Cocoon(s).
Flight of the Navigator.
The Explorers.
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Invaders from Mars
Star Trek 2
The Black Hole
The Abyss
Batteries not Included
Alien(s)
Escape to Witch Mountain

Movies from later I am also suddenly jonesing for

Contact (although not technically 80s)
Mars Attacks
Stargate

Actually I would really love to see a less sanitized show similar to Stargate.  The sanitization was part of Stargate's charm, but I'd like to see an exploration of some of those ideas with substantially less fear of the weird.

Movies I haven't seen, but probably should, given my interests:

Communion
Fire in the Sky
Lifeforce

I would mentioned E.T., but if I'm being honest with myself, I never really liked E.T.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some important ones, but that list will do for starters.  I think it's time to stop wasting quite so much time on making digital dolls do repetitive tasks and get back into the weird a little bit.

Man, and hollywood went though quite a UFO phase, didn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment