Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Dancing on the Ceiling

It's one thing to deal with the fact that we were born into a man-made set of systems that are sometimes corrupt and frequently have goals that are at odds with our own individual values.  For instance, I think one could forgive someone for believing the benchmark for human progress does not lie in how frequently we make very wealthy men slightly more wealthy.  It's quite another thing to move beyond that into resenting being born into a universe with the particular set of laws that seems to govern ours such as gravity, electro-magnetism, strong and weak nuclear forces, entropy and the death of all biological organisms.

"I'm not going to be part of your system of planets orbiting this star, man!  And your magnetism and your gravity wells and your complicated chemical interactions sustaining all biological life!  Your system sucks man!  That's just your opinion, you know!"

I only mention it, because there's this insane little man inside me that won't shut up about it.  I think the first step to sanity in this universe is recognizing I exist within a few inescapable constraints and that my id (or my inner toddler) isn't going to approve.

You know how some people grow up religious or in the closet, and then at some point have to question some of what they believed?  I think I'm in the middle of questioning everything, even gravity.

Current status:  Dancing on the Ceiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment