Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Bro of Steel Movie Review

I've posted my review of Man of Steel at my other site.  I try and make the argument that Snyder/Goyer/Nolan diminish and distort the character in much the same way that Nolan did in the Dark Knight Rises by portraying Batman as a guy who isn't all that dedicated to fighting crime.

"When I went to see Man of Steel the other night, I made the same mistake I've made with every blockbuster I've seen the last few years:  I believed the trailer and harbored the faint hope that I would leave the theater not feeling cranky at the current state of storytelling.  Alas, it was not to be.  To be fair, I should have known better.  I've seen this movie before.   Which is a shame, because I was really hoping to see a Superman movie this time"


read more

No comments:

Post a Comment