Monday, June 06, 2016

Meanwhile

I wish I wrote here more often. Or would actually get around to making a more "modern" blog. I feel like my writing reveals too much of how fragmented my thinking has become though, now that I've used technology to train myself into a state of perpetual ADHD. And I still haven't gotten over smart kid syndrome enough to embrace humility. I think mostly what would fix that is less gaming, more reading and writing and maybe less caffeine. But still, it's been a slog to get over myself and just write, garbage though my writing may be.

1 comment:

  1. My unsolicited advice (which I'll keep brief and to the point because...) – Create a list of priorities and then work through it (repeatedly) everyday, always doing whatever is at the top of the list you're capable of doing based on when and where you are. That simple strategy means you can't help but do more of the things you "wish" you'd do more often, and necessarily the things you want to do less, you will do less. It's tough to stick to, but that's just because it is. It's simple to execute.

    By the way, I struggle with these very same things. I've stopped telling myself I wish this or that when the things I wish I were doing are entirely under my control. When they're not, that's a different story.

    I wish a had a million dollars. How do I know? Because if I were offered a million dollars I'd take it. I tell myself I wish I write more. I don't believe it. Why do I say that? Because I can reach out and take writing more every bit as much as a check for a million dollars and unlike the check, I don't.

    ReplyDelete