Thursday, May 02, 2013

The Usual Route

I just want to walk into the desert and returned changed.  Is that so much to ask?

I don't really want to start a cult afterwards though.  I'd be really proud of it until it spawned a massive religion that eventually lost the plot and lost track of the core principles in the name of perpetuating the organization at any cost.  My heart just wouldn't be in that kind of cliche, you know?

Alternatively, 6 months on an island floating on a small, quiet lake with its own waterfall would do just as nicely.  Although I suspect the cult-appeal lies in the heat and starvation.  Coming back from a tropical island, tanned and refreshed just doesn't have the same spiritual cachet. 

Although I suspect, somewhere in an alternate universe, I make a fabulous cult leader.




No comments:

Post a Comment