Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The panic of my small mind

I experienced 3 tiny earthquakes in a row before leaving the house today. Here's the map with all activity up until now. I just need to get used to it, but it does set me on edge. My co-workers laugh at me for my unease, and rightly so, but the primitive part of my brain just wants to run, run away from the place where the earth is not content to lie still. Which brings me to my favorite song this week. Run children, run away! I have the monster at bay!

4 comments:

  1. Man, the one earthquake I felt (and it was a tiny tremor that barely shook the curtains on the windows) freaked me out a bit...'course it was later followed by a 10-foot high tidal wave...but I digress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, must it always be a contest?

    But yes, grateful that the dangers of tidal waves are fairly minimal in Reno.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, no contest. I think you win hands-down. I could never bare to live in a place with frequent earth-shakes and so forth. You are a much braver man than myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just grateful that HBot is keeping the beast at bay, protecting the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete