Monday, March 10, 2008

Speedy Skimming

I have to admit that I skim headline too fast sometimes. For instance:

"Researchers hope to cause and cure Parkinson's disease." reads a lot differently when I slow down and realize that it actually reads:

"Researchers hope to FIND A cause and cure for Parkinson's disease."

Likewise, I finally realized the sign over this donation game at convenience stores actually said:

"Flip a coin and help a blind child"

rather than what I had been reading it as:

"Flip a coin, blind a child"

I will neglect to mention which reading resulted in a higher coin donation.

4 comments:

  1. Remind me never to let blind children around you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they're already blind, then they shouldn't fear any coin-flipping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:30 AM

    When I read your comments, I initially saw:

    Remind me never to lick blind children around you.

    and

    If they're already blind, then they shouldn't fear any ejaculation in the eyes.

    Funny how we see what we want to see, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not winning "mentor of the year" for this post or my comments section I think.

    There's always next year.

    ReplyDelete